- An executed man's last words were "Boomer Sooner."
- I'll be glad when the Family Kitten turns into a grumpy old cat. That thing is driving me nuts.
- I love the fact that Cuban's Mavericks open their season tonight at the same time as the Rangers begin Game One of the World Series.
- And I said it last year: You can waste your time watching the Mavs play 82 games, but they'll get bounced in the first or second round of the playoffs. It's the easiest prediction in sports.
- There was an Underwear Bike Ride in Denton? Why was I not notified?
- Weird: A 16 year old pregnant Fort Worth girl collapsed in high school and died. The baby was saved.
- Is it common to see a pregnant high school girl in Wise County?
- Wild card in re-signing Cliff Lee: His wife was none too pleased with the way the Yankee fans treated her last week. And if momma's not happy, no one is happy.
- Mrs. LL will be undergoing a root canal at 8:30 a.m. this morning. Please send an "ugh" in her general direction.
- I might have chewed on Mrs. LL as she walked in the door because of her kids running in the house. I might want to rethink my approach next time.
- For the first time ever, there are network/cable-satellite disputes that are more than threats. Dish Network subscribers still can't get Fox Sports and the main cable provider in Manhattan is having a similar dispute. In the past, they had always resolved their differences at the last minute.
- Wichita County is weird: Its last grand jury declined to indict 50 cases. There's no way they are doing that against the prosecutor's wishes, so why doesn't he just decline the cases and stop wasting the grand jury's time? There's no requirement they approve his decision not to prosecute.
- The radio was abuzz this morning about "the greatest Motion for Continuance" ever filed because a lawyer wants to go to the World Series. Puhleeze. It's filed in a municipal court.
- Never really understood the worshiping with hands in the air and rocking back and forth, but to each his own. Then again, not real sure you should teach your infant to do it.
- There's some weird plane circling the courthouse -- per a phone call I just got. Gotta go.
at 8:30 AM