- If you watched the Ranger game in the 8th inning last night, you saw a Walkfest of biblical proportions. It felt like I was watching a little league game when the pitcher can't throw a strike to save his life.
- Not that it mattered, because if you can't score a single run, you ain't winning.
- And the starter for the Giants hasn't given up a single earned run in the playoffs? Was no one concerned about this?
- Funny tweet from Ranger starter C.J. Wilson yesterday before the game: "Rangers on the bus, random citizens/street people giving us salutes of some sort. A city this diverse, united by hatred of buses."
- In a post game interview, he said the pitching staff walked "a metric ton" of batters. Kinda funny.
- The best friend of Debra Winger's character in An Officer And A Gentleman has died. I never forgave her for tricking that guy into believing she was pregnant.
- Newy Scruggs had 15 minutes of fame yesterday after his "They're smoking weed over there!" broadcast went viral. And it sounds like they smoke a metric ton of weed in San Francisco.
- The 2nd grader in my house had a full fledged ballerina outfit on for school this morning. Either it's Halloween or she's obsessed with dance.
- The 7th grader advised me last night that she has no fashionable boots to wear like the other kids because she has outgrown them (I wonder why she came to me? Oh. Now I get it.)
- At 8:15 tomorrow morning, all the DFW stations will be covering the First Baptist of Dallas blowing up four of its buildings in downtown Dallas to make way for new construction. Both believers and non-believers can be entertained.
- Sexy Halloween outfits offensive? Please. That's the best way to combat evil spirits -- it distracts them.
- Anybody else think Rick Perry has a creepy smile when he flips over that "Open For Business" sign?
- Decatur cops had someone stopped at the courthouse square this morning. I've never seen that before.
- Football fans: I always hear announcers say, "And on the first play from scrimmage in the second half . . . . " Is that possible?
- The Fort Worth murder case I wrote about last week that gave you Tired Head when I referenced "Factual Sufficiency" finally made it to the Star Telegram yesterday.
at 8:35 AM