- Arkansas is underrated -- especially in the fall when the leaves are changing.
- Awkward moment this weekend when I met the neighbor of the Arkansas residents that we were visiting. "And you must be [insert name of Mrs. LL's ex-husband]." Our host jumped in at break neck speed from across the room to get that train back on track. (I laughed and kidded the neighbor.)
- How could Ron Washington, when addressing the crowd on Friday night, not fire off a "That's the way baseball go!"
- Maybe the best picture from the Rangers' win on Friday.
- The shark attack that killed a man last Friday off the coast of California might be the closest thing to Jaws I've ever seen. (Link includes a picture of his wakeboard with a chunk taken out of it.)
- Remember that cute little girl who became famous a couple of years ago because she couldn't stop hiccuping (even made an appearance on the Today show)? Well, she's been charged with murder. Wait, what?
- From the Update: "Chico Midget Cheerleaders will host a Father/Daughter dance 7-9 p.m. Friday in the elementary school gym."
- Made the 400 mile trip yesterday with just one stop to eat and get gas. And not a peep of complaining from the kids in the back or the spouse to the side. Then again, there was a lot of sleeping going on.
- I drove right through the thunderstorms that tore up East Texas yesterday. It was the same storm that pounded Greenville with hail (although we met it after it had gone through Greenville and had somehow lost all its hail making capacity.)
- A Lamborghini crashed at the "Texas Mile." Uh, what/where is the Texas Mile?
- Stubhub link for tickets to Saturday's World Series game in Arlington.
- Crazy situation in Southern part of the county: Rhome's police chief is hired on Thursday night as the part time Chief of Newark and then on Friday morning Rhome places him on administrative leave. I think it was because of taking on the additional responsibilities but the Messenger story was unclear.
- Edit: Someone tricked up the sign in front of Newark City Hall!
- All the sports shows are trying to rank the Rangers making it to the World Series in the list of metroplex sporting events. Some folks bring up the Stars winning the Stanley Cup when composing their Top 5. That wouldn't make my Top 20.
at 8:31 AM