- I woke up refreshed this morning because I intentionally missed the All Star Home Run Derby and, more importantly, ESPN's Chris Berman saying, "Back! Back! Back!" a million times.
- The Dallas DA's calendar (as well as other public officials) are subject to an Open Records request? Sure. Been the law for years.
- BP put a new container cap on the oil spill last night and for a second there it looked like it had shut the thing off completely. But an immediate fix wasn't intended. They have to slowly tighten valves which is a process beginning right now. We'll have the results within six to eight hours.
- Jogging in this heat and humidity is a beating.
- Viral video I missed last week: "Double Rainbow Man."
- While you were sleeping: Man with knife confronts deputy with gun on country road in Ellis County in Bristol, Texas. Deputy won.
- While sleeping #2: Yankees owner rushed to hospital. In bad shape.
- I really don't care if Mel Gibson is a nutcase.
- That CoCo chick is everywhere and I can't look away.
- Michelle Obama visits the NAACP and tells them they need to "increase intensity." And the story is what?
- My second bathroom which was hardly ever used but is now being used extensively has developed a plumbing problem I thought I had solved. Double beating.
at 8:23 AM