- The Six Flags ad campaign has added a second weird dancing guy -- kind of a Minnie Me character. It's just weird.
- A bomb in Times Square, one along a marathon route in Pittsburgh, and one in Colleyville on the same weekend. Coincidence? Yeah.
- Underrated movie that I saw on cable this weekend: One Hour Photo.
- A mini-series that should have been great but is a flop: The Pacific.
- Tiger Woods' golf wheels flew off last week and he didn't make the cut for, I think, the sixth time in his career. I wonder if there's a chance he's completely, completely lost it?
- Twenty-five shot dead in Mexico over the weekend. Heck, I'd want to get out of there, too.
- Motorcycle death in Sanger over the weekend.
- The Rangers started the weekend in last place and ended it in first place. (And pitchers C.J. Wilson, from the bullpen, and Colby Lewis, from Japan, are fantastic.)
- Our DA's office has already hired two prosecutors to replace the two that left last week.
- I wrote a couple of weeks ago about a DPS trooper who was convicted of shaking down motorists for cash. Now, after a about a week in jail, the 42 year old is dead.
- Denny Crane threatens frequent Messenger letter to the editor writer Ken Hughes?
- That oil slick in the gulf is bad and getting worse. But I can't believe the Fox News crowd has started a "where was Obama's response?" campaign.
at 8:27 AM