- Saw a travel ad on Fox 4 promoting Tulsa, Oklahoma this morning. Tulsa? Really?
- You don't hear the term "Chicano" anymore. How come?
- It almost feels like the Far Right wants another terrorist attack so they can blame Obama. (And the Far Right used to say that about the Left during the Bush administration.)
- Just dawned on me that Terrell Owens hasn't signed with an NFL team.
- Silly Cinco de Mayo giggle.
- Newsweek went up for sale yesterday. I'm one of the few people that still subscribe to it, and I can't tell you how much it is deteriorated over the last couple of years.
- The Fort Worth City Council had a vote this week on the banning of new pawn shops. That's insane.
- If you want to see the mugshot of a girl held in contempt for wearing a very offensive T-shirt to court, go over to the Smoking Gun.
- It may be as pretty in Texas as I've ever seen it. The previous rains have made everything dark green and every river and lake is full.
- A marriage proposal that is just a little uncomfortable.
- Bob Woodward is planning a book on President Obama. That should make you boys happy.
- Had a fairly lengthy meeting with our DA yesterday. Even after 10 years, it's still weird sitting on the the opposite side of a desk that I use to occupy.
- "A small group of students walked out of classes at Haltom High School on Wednesday morning, marching for nearly three hours to protest the Arizona immigration law." I question their motives.
- Remember the great obituary I posted last weekend? Bud Kennedy's column in the Star-Telegram revealed yesterday that it cost the family $1,180 to run it. Sheesh.
at 8:20 AM