- The Whataburger commercial that refers to your mouth as "your kisser" is funny. Or maybe it's just the sound of that guy's voice.
- The SMU student who died a week ago (alone and on campus) was a pro golfer's son. If you think that's hard on the dad, you should see what else he has been through recently (based upon Wikipedia.) Holy, cow.
- The Apple tablet computer may be announced today. Rumor: It'll run on the 3G network -- that gets my attention. Big time.
- I'm still a massive iPhone fan. Fantastic invention.
- There was a story on Fox 4 last night about a series of burglaries in Parker and Wise County before Christmas. A couple of things got my attention. First, one of the victims was described as "having a fiancee and six kids". What? Secondly, the victim allowed the crook, a female with children, to keep her stolen Christmas presents because "them kids doesn't know what the mom did."
- The Messenger has a story today that last year was the worst crime year in Decatur in 25 years. But I loved this next sentence in the story: "On the bright side, the Decatur Public Library has seen across-the-board increases in usage."
- Probably my favorite job aspect is the rare moment when I find myself in a room with four or five longtime Decatur lawyers without prosecutors, judges, or out-of-town attorneys. Yesterday we all quickly agreed we would be Libertarians if we had to pick a party. (Talk about a group that deals with government oppression.)
- A school outlaws "sexual bending" at a dance.
- I don't care who the President is, the State of the Union speech is always one big beating.
- I know there is grunting in women's tennis, but if you caught any of the match last night around 10:00 p.m. from the Australian Open, you would have off'd yourself. It was more like a squeal from one gal.
- Weird: Former Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee shows up in Parker County to campaign for a first time candidate for County Judge. (And Huckabee has driven me crazy ever since his short radio show started on WBAP -- he sounds like Mister Rogers for adults.)
- "Woman Beaten, Robbed of $90,000 Ring Outside Whole Foods In North Dallas." She called 911 after she got home. Hmmmmm.
at 8:26 AM