- It ain't the Pro Bowlers Tour on Saturday afternoon. There are more kids there than Romper Room.
- And that means we've got kids launching balls like shot puts and then screaming in anguish when they don't get the intended results.
- The alley has "guidelines" or makers (I'm struggling for the right word) on the lane that are created by some weird light projected from the ceiling.
- And then the oddest moment: Out of nowhere, the music cranks up, the lights go down, and a lazer light show is flashing all over the lanes. It was like Disco Bowling and it went on for a good ten minutes.
- Our "waiter" was a young kid whose level of service didn't satisfy my competitor. Not sure what went wrong there. But things went horribly wrong.
- I was reminded that I am an awful bowler despite receiving college credit in that very sport. It looks easy on TV.
- You'd think a little wrist trick would cause the ball to break right to left at the very end. It didn't work.
- We ate at the new Tilted Kilt before the glorious sporting events. It's kind of like Twin Peaks or Bone Daddy's with the waitresses sporting a modified school girl look. Who knew there was such a huge market? The Ticket will be there Tuesday, I think.
I went bowling, yep, bowling Saturday afternoon at Main Event in Grapevine. Not sure what prompted that desire other than no football coupled with rainy weather, but I acted up on it (which is what I do). Thoughts:
at 5:43 PM