- Six cop cars around a house on 51 North out of Decatur this morning causing some traffic backup. What's up? Edit: It's the first entry in the Update.
- From my Weather Center: Looks like the Winter Blizzard Warning for tomorrow was premature since it may not be a big deal after all. (At least Fox 4 was downplaying it this morning. Channel 5 was still hyping it.)
- No speech, regardless of the subject, should last more than 15 minutes.
- The Republican response last night in front of a live audience was a much better idea than just throwing someone in front of a camera in a quiet room.
- More State of the Union: The calling out of the Supreme Court for its corporate campaign finance decision was tense.
- I saw a "Tea Party" sticker on a car in Fort Worth yesterday. As I passed him, I was able to determine the driver was an older, white guy. I was shocked. Absolutely shocked.
- Crazy this morning: I-35 by American Airlines Center was shut down around 5:00 a.m. this morning after a car was hit with gunfire and crashed into the median. The driver was hit but survived.
- The new iPad doesn't really do it for me.
- Update on the burglary of a motor vehicle trial this week: 270 days in jail and a $3,500 fine. It didn't help that he decided to burglarize a few cars in Bridgeport after the death of an officer last year because he figured the police force "would be short handed."
- Today a DWI trial starts up against an out-of-county full time fireman.
- "Fort Worth officer who spanked teen gets six-month sentence." (That one wasn't a Wise County case.)
- Government Heavy Hand: If you own private property near Cowboys stadium you can't charge others to park on your property without first paying the City of Arlington for a permit ($150-$400). And if you don't, they will criminally prosecute you. Like this guy.
- If you were going to have lunch at Abuelo's in Lewisville today, you might want to rethink that due to a fire last night.
at 8:23 AM