- I'd like it if President Obama said in his State of the Union speech that "the State of our Union is strong to ... uh ... quite strong."
- That's a Meet The Parents reference.
- There is a very rare case going on in the Wise County Court at Law where a defendant is pleading guilty to a series of motor vehicle burglaries and is "going to" the jury for punishment. I'll try to get an update this morning.
- Watched a little of The Bachelor last night. That's good TV?
- Although it's lost some of it's popularity, the game show Deal Or No Deal is the closest thing to brain dead competition there is. Isn't it simply "pick a number?"
- If the economy recovers, and it will, President Obama will be re-elected with flying colors. (Haters need to bookmark this entry for future reference.)
- Look at the top grossing films of the 2000s. They are really not movies, in the traditional sense, at all.
- Hey, the National Socialists Movement has "adopted a highway" in Colorado. The group believes "interracial relationships and homosexuality should be crimes, and they want to start a separate all-white country." Man, that sounds familiar.
- I love the anticipation of bad weather coming in even if it never happens as predicted.
- Hey, the new teenage pregnancy ratings are out. Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona make the Top Four. Hmmm. What do all those states have in common?
- The week after I got back from Costa Rica, the country had torrential rains for five days straight. I'm never that lucky.
- The Star Telegram reports that the LBJ Grasslands in Wise County will become part of a "climate change" study. I suspect we will respond with a "Hippies: Go Home" protest.
- Funny moment last week when attorney Jim Shaw was conducting jury selection and discussing the legal definition of marijuana: He threw in "parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme."
- Mark Cuban says the upcoming NBA "All-Star Weekend will make the Super Bowl look like a bar mitzvah" as far as "attendance and partying" is concerned. The man is delusional.
at 8:09 AM