- They've been trying lots of cases in the County Court at Law.
- This one involves some full time firefighter who looks great on the videotape but blew over .08. (I'm not sure what the level was, but I'm thinking .11 or .12)
- Those cases can be won, but it takes a little bit of luck. It's just a "do you want to believe your eyes or do you want to believe a machine?" argument.
- The defense lawyer is out of Fort Worth and his style is completely different from mine. But to each his own.
- Oddest sight: There is a little 5" plastic Godzilla toy sitting on the counsel table. At first I thought it belonged to the defendant, but it actually belongs to the lawyer. I have no idea.
- I think the defense has hired a former cop as an expert to attack whether the field sobriety tests were administered properly. I like the effort, but I don't understand it. The defendant looked great on the field sobriety tests, the breath test is the problem.
- Every juror (four men, two women) either had on a black shirt or black jacket yesterday.
- One of the gals looks like Maggie Gyllenhaal.
- It should wrap up today.
at 8:54 AM