- Exactly one week ago I was in the ocean. Now I'm behind a desk wearing a suit.
- After I got back home after midnight on Sunday morning, I watched the replay of the Cowboy game until 2:30 a.m. Gracious, they are good.
- Yesterday I also watched the National Championship Game: I hate the Empire, but Texas made that a heck of a game when they had no business hanging around once Colt McCoy went down. Nothing to be ashamed about there.
- Everyone is bent out of shape about Henry Reid's comments? (He described then-candidate Barack Obama in 2008 as "light-skinned" with "no Negro dialect" unless he wants one.) Come on. How many of you Wise County folks didn't say, "He sure doesn't talk like a black guy."
- The guy who created Davey and Goliath died over the weekend. Loved that show as a kid.
- There were no increased flying rules on my trip like "Don't have anything in your lap during the last hour" or "Don't leave your seat during the last hour."
- I was hand frisked before I was allowed to board in Costa Rica.
- I grew a beard while I was gone. Not a bad look. It's gone this morning.
- Boyd passed a teen curfew law while I was gone? I've never understood how people just blindly accept that your government can tell it's citizens, regardless of age, when they can be allowed in public.
- Whether it be in San Jose or Miami, the new fashion trend (which just dawned on me) is skinny jeans stuffed into boots. (Uh, that's for girls).
at 8:19 AM