- I have no idea what happened to www.wisecounty.com yesterday. It came back up around 6:00 p.m. (It's been hosted by the same company for 13 years.)
- Teddy Pendergrass has died. I can't think of a single song of his.
- What a mess in Haiti. What a horrible, horrible mess.
- It's weird to have a Cowboy game of this magnitude on the horizon. I'm not giddy like I was in the 1990s, but I'm interested.
- Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck on the same show last night? I now know what water boarding is like.
- It may be gone by now, but at the top of the Drudge Report yesterday there was a link to "Video: Dog bolts from office before quake" buried amongst links for Haiti information. But the story found by following the link says the video is from North Carolina, not Haiti. (And that may not even be true since it the video references a town in California.)
- The motorcycle cop in Arlington died while trying to stop a speeder? And didn't a metroplex agency abandon motorcycles altogether because of the inherent danger?
- I don't care anything about American Idol but I stopped by it last night for a few seconds to see a very country girl from Tennessee try out. I'll admit, that was touching.
- AnObiter's mother said she felt uncomfortably "privileged" in going to see a movie on a weekday morning. AnObiter didn't understand. I sure do.
- I saw yesterday in the Update there was to be a benefit for a lady who needs a liver replacement. It's an odd phenomenon that tens of thousands will be given to local churches this weekend, but very few will donate to help out a particular individual in need.
- The Sid Richardson Boy Scout ranch trial is still going on in Decatur. (I've found out it involves a finger injury during a canoe trip onto Lake Bridgeport.) I'll say this: That trial has had the hottest witnesses in the history of ever.
- I like the photos of the Messenger's Joe Duty except when he has student athletes pose like they are some type of conquerors.
- If Kay Bailey Hutchison would say at tonight's governor's race debate: "The job really has no power and looks like a a pretty cushy gig", I'd vote for her.
- I'm not a basketball fan so maybe that explains why a "monster dunk" in the NBA over a player standing flat footed trying to draw a charge makes it into ESPN's Top 10 Plays Of The Day. That really doesn't seem impressive to me.
- Holy, cow: Did you see the story/video of the store owner in Frisco who said, “In the name of Jesus, I command you to get out of my store right now" when confronted with a robber sticking a gun in her face? I appreciate her faith, but I wonder what her customer was thinking when the gunman turned and pointed the gun at her.
at 8:19 AM