- Around 10:30 p.m. last night, my front door made the sound as if someone had walked quickly to it from the outside, pushed the handle trigger, and then hit the door hard with their shoulder like they were surprised it didn't open.
- That scared the crap out of me. After ducking for cover, I looked out the window and didn't see a thing.
- I own a shotgun.
- Firing a shotgun in a house would make a mess.
- The history behind the "coffin in a boat" blog entry will become a feature story in Saturday's Star-Telegram. I talked to an editor yesterday who is pretty excited about it.
- I've been naive about this: If a political party were responsible for granting immunity to every illegal alien, the children of those aliens - born on American soil and thereby American citizens - would become a voting block that would be unbeatable.
- My family truckster, which is on its last legs, is burning oil like nobody's business. Dumb question: If I don't have a leak, where does the oil go?
- Heard often: "Man, you've got some crazy people that read that blog of yours."
- I had a childhood friend who lived on my street contact me yesterday on Facebook. I had not seen her since we were teens. Facebook is cool.
- There's a petition floating around Rhome requesting a council person resign. Seems easier just to find a candidate to run against her.
- Got behind the dreaded slow-self-checker-grocery-lady last night. You know: Pick up product. Hold it in front of you and slowly look for bar code. Slowly slide bar code over scanner. Take a step to grocery bag. Slowly place item in bag. Repeat.
- I rarely open up .wmv files that people send me via email. I figure if it's not on youtube or some other flash video site, it's probably not worth looking at.
- Women are excited about Sam Moon's opening this weekend in North Fort Worth. I have no idea what a Sam Moon is.
- It sounds like the end is near for Farrah Fawcett. And is sounds like she has suffered horribly over the last couple of years.
- I'm supposed to have an 8:00 a.m. appointment. Hadn't heard from the guy yet.
at 8:01 AM