- The Swine Flu is a worldwide story, but only little Wise County, Texas has decided that every school needs to be closed today.
- My complaint with the school closures over the Swine Flu is that catching the disease appears to be only an inconvenience - and a minor one at that.
- And there are so many single moms and two parent working families that the closing of a school creates a true crisis.I think school officials are
incentiveinsensitive to that. Edit: Ugh. It's Monday.
- Do teachers get paid for this off time? What about hourly support staff?
- My lawn has never been greener.
- My neighbor needs to understand that weeds are not his friend.
- Random movie thought: I watched a portion of the updated version of the The Hitcher last night and I noted the lead cop told the psycho killer, "In the great state of New Mexico, we do have the death penalty." Not anymore, I recalled.
- Also watched part of Dirty Dancing and thought about how bad Patrick Swayze is looking these days. (At least based upon some picture on a tabloid in the checkout line I saw the other day.)
- And in that movie, one spare character tells Baby that "Some people matter and some people don't" as he hands her a copy of The Fountainhead - a novel I declared last year to be one of the most ridiculous books ever written. (I had never noticed that scene until this time around.)
- Isn't it a little early to describe the injured Cowboys' coach from the roof collapse this weekend as being "permanently" paralyzed? Both the Morning News and Star Telegram used that term.
- In addition to my dream of being back in school, unprepared, with finals bearing down upon me, I also have a reoccurring dream of being on a high school sports team but can't find all my equipment while the team is taking the field/court.
- That Wolverine movie took in $87 million over the weekend? I've got no interest.
- America's Funniest home videos is edging closure to Idiocracy.
- Edit: And another.
at 8:02 AM