- On yesterday's ABC's World News Tonight, Charlie Gibson said, "We can't put troops in Pakistan" while discussing the rising Taliban tension with a correspondent. We can't? Really?
- Obama pronounces Pakistan as PAWK-i-stan.
- Fox 4 had a story last night of some very old nude photos of a former public official being found in Krum's City Hall -- it was the most confusing story in the history of ever. But, whatever the point of the story, I couldn't get past every person in Krum being interviewed pronouncing "picture" as "pitcher."
- One of the best lawyer's I've ever seen does that.
- One of my 100 ex-girlfriend's does that.
- It drives me insane.
- I think "composite drawings" of a suspect border on being silly. They always look like aliens.
- Crazy news: Dirk Nowitzki has a crazy girlfriend who was arrested at his house. Crazier news: She's not hot at all.
- I got chewed out by someone from Fox 4 on Monday via email. Well, maybe I got a "stern talking to."
- Everyone yells at me for typos and grammar mistakes. First, I type this thing at 100 miles an hour at the crack of dawn. Secondly, I'm not that smart.
- I'm currently reading books about the Bible from a historical perspective. That is: when they were written, who wrote them, what was going on in the world at the time they were written, and how we might misinterpret the scriptures because of those factors. As a guy who grew up being able to quote scripture and verse, they are fascinating.
- The more I look at the "boat funeral" pictures below, the more I want to tell people about them.
- The top one deserves to be in a magazine. It borders on art. Heck, it is art. The golden field in the background. The clouded sky. The guy in the background with a cap on but a flower pinned to his shirt. The beaten down boat. The guys' respectful attitudes. It is sooo Texas Monthly material. (Here it is if you're too lazy to scroll down.)
- I went to the dentist yesterday and, after explaining the x-rays to me, he said, "I need to write all this down." I told him that was a very bad sign. He didn't laugh.
- The sound of the dentist's drill has to be one of the worst sounds in the world.
- A couple times a month I'll say in public (about someone who has struck me as a tad bit off), "That guy is a little odd." Without fail, someone always says, "Look who's talking."
- Hal Jay this morning: "The 15-12 Texas Rangers are not 3 games above .500. A .500 average after 27 games would be 13 1/2 - 13 1/2, so they are 2 1/2 games above .500."
at 7:59 AM