- There seems to be a lot of birds looking for food on the ground over the last 24 hours
- I continue to have serious questions about Wade Phillips getting it done. It's kind of like Hank Hill coaching the Cowboys.
- I don't watch much of the Olympics, but I'm looking forward to the track and field competition.
- I'm never eating at Taco Cabana again. One word: Bugs. (Bad experience last night.)
- With Georgia being invaded by Russia, the famous words of W about Vladimir Putin: "I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straight forward and trustworthy and we had a very good dialogue. I was able to get a sense of his soul."
- When I was a kid in Bridgeport, in order to call a local number we just had to dial five numbers. And the first one was always "3".
- I bet I saw over 50 kids jogging out of the Decatur High School at around 7:00 this morning.
- Someone is already suing over the big bus crash in Sherman last week. I'm glad they were able to thoroughly investigate the facts so quickly before asking for a big bag of money to ease their pain.
- I'm not sure what I think about The Shack (about halfway through it.) It is, in essence, about a guy who gets to talk to (and question) the Holy Trinity that appear to him after the tragic death of his daughter. But the Trinity takes the form of a big black woman, an Arab, and an Asian.
- Little Cindy Brady of The Brady Bunch is 47 today. Oh, my.
- I watched, for some unknown reason, the documentary called Okie Noodling last night. A bunch of rednecks swimming around in murky water trying to catch catfish with their bare hands. That's not on my list of "to dos" before I die.
- One of the Texas 7 is scheduled to be executed tonight. If you recall, they were eventually captured in Colorado after escaping from a Texas prison and killing a police officer in
ArlingtonIrving. I happened to drive through the small town in Colorado where they were captured about a year after the fact and they were selling souvenir T-shirts commemorating the event.
- I helped look for a lost dog last night - unsuccessfully. That, my friends, is not-a-good. But I kept thinking what it would be like if it were a lost child and how horrific that would be.
- (As reported on The Ticket): Brett Favre is a drama queen. He's making some strange statements and it wouldn't surprise some people if he quits the Jets before the season starts.
- I always reach and get a milk carton from the back of the rack in the grocery store.
- Yeah, I'm with ya about the quality of the pic above. I'll make it up to you later. (But it was taken by someone, not me, at Lake Lewisville.)
- The head of the Democratic Party in Arkansas was shot to death yesterday. The shooter certainly matched the expected profile: Disgruntled middle-aged white guy. Anybody seen Wordkyle?
- I think its insane that any local government can ever enact a curfew.
- Two headlines on the Star-Telegram web site where you know, just know, someone's life went terribly wrong somewhere: (1) "Arlington Police Shock Nude Man With Taser", and (2) "HIV-positive Catholic priest accused of sexual abuse dies in North Texas".
at 7:09 AM