- We babysat of Friday night. Before that night, I had a baby spit up on me maybe once in my life. I then went through four shirts before 10:00 p.m. I guess there's a reason you see that towel drooped over a mom's shoulder.
- And we also ended up with two little kids. I had a first: I was offered a french fry dipped in syrup.
- We started decorating the front lawn with Christmas stuff yesterday. Mrs. LL played Christmas carols which gave rise to a very cheesy setting -- but in a good way.
- When did the ground get so hard?
- Mrs. LL and the girls want me to see some Christmas design a few miles away but I'm a little worried when the Fourth-Grader-In-The-House said, "I'm not sure he should see it because he won't like our decorations after that."
- I caught parts of The Terminal yesterday with Tom Hanks which I had seen before. It's pretty cheesy -- in a bad way.
- Wrong way driver on 635 in Dallas this morning injures six.
- Bob Costas has caused quite a stir because he went on a gun control rant during the Cowboys' game last night in light of the murder/suicide by the Kansas City Chiefs' player. Hey, it was just an opinion of one guy, but all the talk radio shows are acting like he's introduced legislation to ban handguns. (And get ready for crazy Ted Nugent to get all sorts of press today.)
- And they are already blaming the murder/suicide on NFL concussions?
- The "Paradise model" got in a wreck over the weekend.
- Mrs. LL and the girls went to see the Nutcracker at the Tarrant County Convention Center. All of them said it was very "amateurish" except for about two dancers.
- Mitt Romney had lunch with the President this weekend at the White House. Free government lunch?
- It's December of 2012. That 12/21/12 guy has been posting in here for what I bet is at least three years. Finally that date will arrive.
- Sports: (1) Baylor beat OSU in football and Kentucky in basketball at the exact same time on Saturday. I was giddy. (2) How UT does not have a quarterback on the roster is a great mystery of the universe. (3) College football hit of the week. (4) The BCS does a good job of putting #1 vs. #2 together, but other than that it is a mess. Northern Illinois is the Orange Bowl? (5) Baylor is going to the Bridgepoint (not Bridgeport) Holiday Bowl which I hate. It's a Thursday and I've been to San Diego and that stadium before. Hard to justify going again. (5) TCU hung tight against OU and is a really good team, but they now have four losses.
- There was a Rhome man killed in a wreck this weekend according to the Update. Doesn't it seem a little premature for a trooper to say, "He was likely intoxicated"?
at 8:30 AM