- I'm going to take a pass on the Dallas (Half) Marathon this year. Maybe I'll do the one in Fort Worth in February.
- The Family Cat vs. Christmas Tree war has begun. Hey, maybe the cat actually does engage in a "War On Christmas?"
- The Bob Costas' rant about gun control reminds me of how much of a difference there is between how the North and the South think about guns. For instance, NFL player Plaxico Burris accidentally shot himself in the leg in a New York club. Down here, he'd probably get probation. Up there, he was sentenced to two years in prison (and that was even after a plea deal.)
- Brady Quinn on the murder suicide involving the Kansas City Player: "We live in a society of social networks, with Twitter pages and Facebook, and that’s fine, but we have contact with our work associates, our family, our friends, and it seems like half the time we are more preoccupied with our phone and other things going on instead of the actual relationships that we have right in front of us. Hopefully people can learn from this and try to actually help if someone is battling something deeper on the inside than what they are revealing on a day-to-day basis.”
- Random Thought That Hit Home Yesterday: Criminal law can be a gut wrenching business.
- Some guy wrapped his Mercedes around some trees in Turtle Creek last night and was killed. His name was released but really the only thing you could learn about him was that he lived in a half million condo. Edit: I bet that's him.
- You would think technology will improve over the next couple of decades to such an extent that with either holograms, glasses, and other technology that you could "experience" a location just like you were there. (I.e. Grand Canyon, Sistine Chapel, the Super Bowl.) I mean it would be an experience that is 99% life-like.
- If you missed RG3 on Monday Night Football last night, you missed a show. I was hopeful he would be good, but I had no idea he would be this fantastic in NFL. Then again, he can't be taking that beating that he has. One of these times his shoulder is coming out.
- Hey Aggies, if you want a sure fire prediction site as to who will win the Heisman, this is it. My Sports Genius Prediction: It's Johnny Manziel in a landslide.
- A 23 year old from Chico is listed in the death notices in the Update.
- Two San Antonio Spurs have got to get fined for this Halloween picture showing them with fake guns at the head of a fake referee. Oh, my.
- Fleetwood Mac has announced a reunion tour including Stevie Nicks. Are all the rest of them still alive?
- Is the New York Post crossing the line?
at 8:32 AM