- The body count continues: Fort Worth police killed a man this morning.
- David Dewhurst has fired off the Chinese Ads against Ted Cruz again. Incredible.
- The run off election on July 31st should be a call to arms for the Texas Tea Party. There is no question that they want Cruz over Dewhurst. There is no question that voter turnout will be miserable so it won't take many votes to win. If the Tea Party doesn't mobilize and take advantage of this opportunity, they never will.
- Josh Hamilton threw his bat in the stands last night and barely missed doing it again during the same at bat. Someone is going to get hurt, and he needs to figure out a way to do what a little leaguer can do: Hang on to the bat.
- Is college football popular? The Cotton Bowl, which is scheduled to be played on January 4th at Jerry World between two teams yet to be determined, is now sold out. The earliest sell out in history.
- Let's be clear: The Supreme Court did not "uphold" the show-me-your-papers provision of Arizona law. It expressly passed on making a decision until they see how the Arizona cops are going to use it. They could strike it down if the a specific case ever makes it back to them.
- The Supreme Court waiting until the last day to release the decision on Obamacare is consistent with its need for drama and the spotlight. If memory serves me correctly, the key ruling on the Second Amendment a few years back was released on the last day. Hey, release the opinions when they are ready instead of waiting for the equivalent of a legal sweeps week.
- The official temperature at the Wildwood Naturists Resort in Decatur was 102.5 yesterday. I was close. (Close to being correct in my temperature prediction. Not close to being nude.)
- Did KXAS ever make a decision on Jane McGarry?
- My mormon book has a chapter on the kidnapping of Elizabeth Smart. The book plays it straight, but if there was ever a story that is subject to a conspiracy theory, that is it.
- I'm an expert on marriage. (Make that two years as of today. Two years!!! I'm smashing records left and right.) But if Mrs. LL had walked down the aisle singing Christina Aguilera like this chick, I'd of left her at the Little White Chapel and headed towards the penny slots.
- I had to resort to jogging in the mornings -- that heat was unbearable yesterday evening.
at 8:27 AM