- I'll be up at the courthouse when the Obamacare decision comes down shortly after 9:00, but if you want to find out the results from the Supreme Court first there is no better place than here.
- Conservative talk show hosts are going into hyperbole mode this morning claiming that the Supreme Court not striking down the law will mean our "liberties are gone" as we know them. Note: They've been gone a long time.
- Here's analyst Jeffrey Toobin's ticket to the Supreme Court today. Really.
- An addendum to my story yesterday about the court decision allowing cops to detain you simply for pulling over on the shoulder of the road: I don't think many of you understood that the motorist would not be free to leave, if the cop so desires, once the cop hits his emergency lights and pulls in behind you.
- Mrs. LL is in some softball conditioning clinic twice a week. She was describing it last night and said, "It's hard. I'm not sure you could do it." Think that caused a stop down moment in the house?
- Well, after the country has gone crazy fearing that "bath salts" will make you turn into a face-eating-zombie, it turns out the Florida face-eating-zombie didn't have bath salts in his system. How in the world did that rumor get started in the first place?
- Those are Hooters waitresses up there.
- I heard Josh Hamilton threw his bat into the stands again last night. I don't think he cares if he hurts someone -- at least that is his attitude.
- I'm not sure how I feel about this: Tarrant County Deputy placed on leave after Facebook rants about the Sheriff. Government punishing for speech?
- Ann Curry emotionally announced her departure from The Today Show this morning. I almost feel bad that some higher up placed her in a position for which she was destined to fail. I mean she drives me nuts but she drove me nuts before they named her co-anchor.
- I love Jon Stewart for stuff like this: Taking news footage of New Jersey governor Chris Christie voicing why he is for legalized gambling but against legalized marijuana. Genius.
- The Family Pup and The Family Cat will sometimes face off with both of them on their hind legs. It's like an animal Gladiator. (And the Cat throwing fast right hooks into the stunned Yorkie's face makes me laugh.)
- I was one of the first to mention the jogger who died after being the victim in a hit and run off of 287 and Blue Mound Road a week or so ago. Now the suspected driver was found dead of apparent suicide in Duncanville. There has to be more to this than just the hit and run. Could it be that he was leaving some place he wasn't supposed to be? Do you kill yourself because you fled from an accident?
at 8:39 AM