- Warren Buffett over the last month has bought the newspapers that cover Waco and College Station. That makes no sense.
- The internet was abuzz with "Mark Cuban destroys Skip Bayless" on Friday. I think the headline should have been "Skip Bayless Doesn't Know How To Debate." Cuban's position that no player "wants it more" than any other player is nonsensical. Case in point: Lamar Odom (who Cuban was in denial about for months.)
- 106 degrees today? (The Update says 100 but I've been in the weather lab.)
- And who in their right mind scheduled a Rangers game for last Saturday afternoon? And who in their right mind would have gone?
- New York Post: Ann Curry will get $10 million when booted from The Today Show.
- I've had this weird wart appear on my hand (and I never get warts). And it hurts. It has me so creeped out I think I'll go to the doctor.
- Over the weekend Dallas police shot their thirteen person this year. Good grief.
- A year ago there was a sexual assault on the streets of Dallas after a young lady watched a Mavs game with friends. I remember The Ticket mentioning it and it sounded like a host or co-worker knew the girl. Today the Morning News profiles her after she has gone public with a description of the attack.
- The people on the courthouse steps cheering after the Sandusky verdict haven't been around many criminal trials. Neither side celebrates very often.
- And Sandusky's lawyer doesn't quite understand what his job is.
- A male Nocona teacher received probation for Improper Relationship.
- Two women vying for a place on the U.S. Olympic Track Team in the 100 meters tied for third place over the weekend with a time of 11.068 seconds. Now they will flip a coin.
- I would tell you how many episodes of Lost Mrs. LL has watched but you'd think she was certifiable.
at 8:37 AM