- There was a wrong way driver on Central Expressway last night, but I'm not sure the car hit anything.
- Even boxers are no match for an angry ex of a girlfriend swinging a (probable) golf club. (Graphic pics.)
- When I saw the picture (below) of the Trinity River alligator, I thought of those concerts last summer where folks would float in the Trinity on inner tubes as the band played.
- I don't know if the story has legs, but there's the possibility that an innocent man was executed in Texas.
- Yesterday, GM pulled its $10 million a year ad campaign off of Facebook claiming those ads don't work. House of cards?
- I kept seeing reports yesterday that the Boyd ISD Superintendent "cleaned out his desk" but I have no idea if that is true.
- I had to look up the status of that silly Roger Clemens perjury trial only to find out that there have been two jurors dismissed by the judge because of sleeping during the proceedings. The federal government must be putting on a heck of a case.
- That Big Tex discussion yesterday was pretty thought provoking.
- Ted Cruz is the highest profile candidate who is a golden boy of the Tea Party, but it looks like he doesn't stand a chance. Is the Tea Part relevant anymore?
- Senior Prom is still overrated, isn't it?
- Someone explain to me why the Bridgeport City Council voided almost a quarter of a million dollars of "underbilled" debt to Bridgeport Tank Trucks, Bridgeport Independent School District and LaQuinta Inn?
- When will the under 30 crowd give up that goofy "sideways peace sign" when they are photographed?
- There is more student debt in this country than credit card debt or auto loan debt. But here's the kicker: You can't get rid of that debt by bankruptcy, collection fees are astronomical, and the government can garnish a portion of your income and all of your IRS refund. That sounds like the Next Big Financial Crisis.
at 8:37 AM