- Forgot to mention that I saw a Bentley Continental in the Rangers parking lot on Sunday with personalized license plates that read, "MEH". Sheesh.
- Every candidate for state office tries to "out conservative" his opponent.
- One of the Katy Trail robberies over the weekend was a jogger at 6:30 in the morning. I've feared the jogging attack at night but never in the morning. (Note to dumb kids robbing people: Joggers ain't carrying a lot of cash.)
- Would anyone vote for Tom Leppert for U.S. Senate just because Troy Aikman does a commercial for him?
- The brain trust on WBAP today discussed whether the Byron Nelson Golf Classic is referred to as "The Nelson" or "The Byron." Really.
- Rumors are swirling that Florida State could join the Big 12. Although probably not true, that would be awesome.
- Springtown always has some wheels off story in the news. And we should be reminded that there are people with a Springtown address that technically live in Wise County.
- Mrs. LL's team beat the Fake Kim Mulkey's team last night. It was high entertainment and kind of tense -- especially tense for me when the umpire asked me (I was running the scoreboard) to verify the count.
- I had no idea American Airlines used to sell a "all you can fly" lifetime pass. The last time it was offered was in 2004 for $3 million with a companion pass for $2 million. But you have to love a guy who, in 1984, bought a pass for $250,000 and a companion pass for $150,000 and then just used AA as his own private jet.
- Discussed at Mother's Day brunch: Is an orphan who has reached adulthood still called an orphan or is he a "former orphan."
- I saw a picture Bono's restaurant posted of some of its waitresses and now I can't find it. Dang it.
- Restaurant clarification: Fuzzy Taco's will go in the old "Floors and More" space. The new Asian food place will take the old spot of South Beach Taco Factory.
- President Obama appears on "The View" today. That ought to fire ya up.
- Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan is known to have a huge belly. At least his brother, head coach of the NY Jets, has lost some weight.
- A 34 year old man died in a wreck in Fort Worth last night although he was walking around when police first arrived. Here's his Facebook page where his mother has made a post.
at 8:39 AM