- In March, ESPN had a feature of how much Britney Griner loves to skateboard. I told Mrs. LL then there is no way I'd allow her to do that if I were her coach. Yesterday, we learned Griner has broken her wrist.
- Heard through some of my Tarrant County buddies that District Judge Sharen Wilson rejected a plea bargain in a child sexual abuse case and forced a trial. The Defendant was then found not guilty by a jury. (You won't see that in a press release from the new Tarrant County DA's office PR gal.)
- Prediction: Josh Hamilton will go on the disabled list within the next 45 days.
- Why in the world would anyone care if gays were allowed to marry?
- And to think George W. Bush wanted a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage. History will not treat him well for that.
- Still a huge fan of Modern Family.
- Lots of people walk out of criminal courts mumbling under their breath. (Side note: "under their breath" is an odd phrase.)
- The Ticket discussed Stephen Kings 11/22/63 book this morning. What a great concept: You can go back in time as often as you like but every time you do (1) you are transported back to the exact same moment in time and (2) your new trip resets everything you did on your previous trip.
- I'd go back to the time of Jesus and follow him and the disciples around. And I'd try to do something that at least would get a mention in the Bible. That'd be cool.
- For all you gals who follow "Men's Humor" on Twitter, here's a secret: Men don't think that stuff is funny.
- The great Megan Henderson missed the start of her news broadcast in Los Angeles.
- We had are carpets cleaned yesterday which worked out fantastically with the exception of the parts that weren't cleaned.
- I got beat up by a judge at the Court of Criminal Appeals two weeks ago, and I was stunned to learn they decided the case so quickly yesterday. I won. There was one dissent. Yep, by the judge that kept giving me the business.
at 8:33 AM