- A popular song/commercial ("Oh, oh, sometimes I get a good feeling") actually has the female vocals pulled from this old song. I thought it was Adele.
- Mrs. LL loves her new glasses so much she replaced her Facebook profile pic to show them off. (The photo she replaced had me in it with her. Hey!!!)
- A Texas couple was awarded $13 million in Fort Worth in a defamation suit against people who thought they were posting anonymously on the web.
- I actually saw Nolan Ryan pitch with Pudge Rodriguez catching in the old Arlington Stadium. I'm not sure I appreciated what I was seeing at the time. (Rodriguez throwing the ceremonial first pitch from the plate to second was really cool last night.)
- There's a "UIL Lone Star Cup" and Decatur is currently sixth?
- I think Deion Sanders house in Prosper has been on the market forever. I remember a few years back he lowered the price to $21 million. There's probably a pretty small pool of potential buyers.
- And remember Noel Devine? He was the football star of the future about five years ago who Sanders brought to Prosper to "mentor" but then, being 18, left suddenly and without notice to return to Florida. He actually had a pretty good career with West Virginia but, after not being drafted, he walked out on the Philadelphia Eagles who had signed him as a free agent last year.
- For what it's worth, I'm censoring most of Big Tex's comments. I do declare we understand certain beliefs that he holds.
- An Alvord pharmacy was burglarized last night. You'd think, with the growing addiction to pain killers in this country, that would happen far more often.
- There have been few politicians fall as fast and hard as former Democratic golden boy John Edwards. His criminal trial began yesterday.
- I'm not sure which nickname for Mitt Romney will stick more: Gordon Gekko or Thurston Howell III.
- Other than jewelry, does the average person own anything made out of gold?
- How long could the average Lockheed Martin worker strike before it begins to really hurt financially? The Union provides some income during the strike, doesn't it?
- I'll say it: It's getting too hot too fast.
at 8:39 AM