- I'm not sure I understand the charges against a lawyer who used to work for a well known delinquent tax collection law firm that Wise County uses.
- Commissioner Roger Goodell with a very uncomfortable hug at the NFL draft last night. I can't stand that guy.
- If you ever catch a foul ball, be sure to scan the crowd for someone more deserving of the ball unless you want to be on the news the next day. Sheesh.
- Paraphrasing from this: Using the services of illegal aliens and then complaining about illegal aliens is like complaining that your drug dealer is breaking the law.
- Wise County hasn't had a big crime story in months.
- I wonder what the status is of the murder case out of Paradise that went down last August? I keep hearing rumors of a torture basement.
- Our office had one of its windows broken by a rock thrown by a weedeater. I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often.
- The Sheriff of Wichita County, Texas is named David Duke? (But I'm not sure how many people will get the reference.)
- I don't understand how some sports writers are so cocky. I think it would be a humbling experience to wait in a locker room just to get a quote from a 23 year old.
- I think Sport Illustrated's Peter King brings a big of nothing.
- During ESPN's draft coverage last night, Jon Gruden kept referring to many of the players chosen as being a "tremendous athlete." Hey! They are first round NFL picks!!! They are all fantastic athletes.
- Two employees "overdosed" on K2 at the Sonic in Justin. That's what happens when you don't take pride in your tater tots.
- I made a Kasey Casem joke after the death of Dick Clark and Don Cornelius. Wow: He turns 80 today. (What was that corny segment called on America's Top 40 where he would read a request from listeners? Edit: "Long Distance Dedication"?)
- Mrs. LL got mad at me for not wanting to drive an hour tomorrow morning to run a 5K with her.
at 8:32 AM