- I set a new record with my Baseball Return Net last night: 25 consecutive throws and catches. (But I'm standing so close to the dang thing that it's comical.) I also realized I'm the only one in the house who uses it.
- C.J. Wilson lost last night. (But it wasn't his fault.) That brings the Angels to a 6-12 record and 8 1/2 games behind the Rangers. The last time they started that poorly they won the World Series. Seriously.
- What a horrific assault yesterday in Dallas. And Fox 4 had a video of how it started.
- It's NFL Draft Day. Remember when the NFL hated the word "draft" and tried to go with "Selection" instead? And it's Jerry Jones' 23rd draft. Wow.
- If Vince Young and RG3 had been in the same draft class, I don't know who I would have taken first.
- I still have the "Three second rule" song stuck in my head.
- The Supreme Court heard arguments yesterday in a case involving Arizona's controversial immigration law. Most of the news focused on how the Court seemed to not have any issue with the law's "show me your papers" provision once someone is stopped by the cops based upon a reasonable suspicion of some type of criminal violation. Everyone forgets that the law was originally controversial because it allowed the cops to stop someone and asked to see proof of citizenship even if that person was not suspected of any crime.
- Mrs. LL has started a book that might have "Fifty" in the title.
- A Texas lawmaker (Democrat) and plaintiff's lawyer has been arrested for soliciting clients.
- When I receive the Yellow Pages, it goes straight to the recycle bin. And my law partner and I have decided to pull our ad out of it this year completely.
- The Family Cat now sleeps on top of the covers near my feet. I don't know if that means anything.
- I know nothing about the case of a mother of five sentenced to life in prison when her four year old mysteriously died of salt poisoning, but a Texas prosecutor was grilled this week about her actions in the case.
- I heard the Black Keys are the "band of the moment". I'm not sure I've heard one of their songs. Edit: Emailer told me to watch this to educate myself.
at 8:34 AM