- Now we know what happens when a giant red ball on the radar hangs over you all night long. (I like being awakened by storms -- even if it happens several times during the night.)
- Why was that Fox 4 reporter standing in one inch of water at a live remote from Mockingbird Station last night?
- The City of Decatur sent out an automated voicemail about the storm yesterday afternoon. When did they start doing that?
- Fox 4 News also did a story on fake vehicle registration stickers. They ended the segment with a reference to a website "if you are curious as to whether your registration sticker is legitimate." Now that's a concern I've never remotely thought about.
- The Secret Service name for President Obama is "Renegade".
- "Baylor Frat Sued For Drinking Death" -- If that doesn't launch a Kenneth Starr investigation, nothing will.
- Correction from yesterday: Mrs. LL and I completed the new flowerbed this weekend.
- After demanding that correction, she told me that she added about 10 bags of top soil to it during those crazy winds yesterday morning. I bet that was a scene.
- The Trayvon Martin story deserves more press than it is getting.
- Mike "I'm A Man. I'm 40!" Gundy will turn 45 this year. He also just got richer with a contract with OSU through 2019 for $30 million. I wonder how often T. Boone Pickens calls him? I'm betting a lot.
- I don't look at the Messenger's crime blotter anymore because I think they just turned it into a bit.
- While you were sleeping: 41 dead in Iraq. That's how they marked the ninth anniversary of our invasion. Did you expect cake and ice cream?
- I'm about at the end of my John Wilkes Booth book because they've got him trapped in the barn. I shouldn't be surprised how he was located: He just couldn't shut up about what he had done. (That's also an old adage in criminal law: There are no deaf, dumb and blind men in prison.)
- Everyone is up in arms of the three year old in a wheelchair who was searched by TSA. I don't get it. If we are going to have the program, we can't have hard and fast exceptions.
- I think we've got a tie that won't be broken in the battle for last place in the Liberally Lean Pick Em Tournament. That'll cost me. I knew I should have come up with some type of tie-breaker for that.
- Ranger thoughts: (1) After his latest prank, I wish C.J. Wilson was still on the team so I could remember to despise him more often, and (2) with Opening Day only a couple of weeks away, one strike away from being a World Series winner seems like a long, long way away.
- That video below of the girl explaining miles per hour is considered fake by many. I had my doubts but I think it's real. I thought it odd at first that she never objected to being video'd, but girls like that (and they definitely do exist) don't care.
at 8:31 AM