- Well, it's more chaos for the Republicans. Whomever mentioned yesterday that it "Wouldn't be a good night for Romney" was dead on. Rick Santorum won all three states last night and becomes the GOP Flavor of the Week.
- And Santorum will be in North Texas today with one of the stops being at a Tea Party rally in Allen. Good or bad timing?
- And WBAP's Mark Davis will give him the equivalent of a free three hour radio show commercial today before he MC's a Santorum event tonight. He should be on the payroll. Edit: He will actually be at two Santorum events today.
- Matt Drudge tweet last night: "Surprisingly LOW voter turnout in Republican races, lackluster cablenews ratings... Who/what to blame? Omen for Nov.? People 'sick of it' ?"
- Said something sweet about the Family Pup yesterday and last night, for the first time ever, she sleeps with the Oldest Girl In The House.
- Do the Dallas Stars still exist? (Joking. Kind of.)
- As much as Dallas needs mass transit, people getting murdered on and around trains is probably not good for PR. (Two dead yesterday, a guy killed in downtown Dallas last month, some guy shot to death in the War on Drugs near Reunion Tower last year, and some kid pushed into a train in South Dallas last year as well.)
- I've taken subways on two different trips: One to New York City and one in Washington D.C. And using those trains was fantastic.
- I guess we'll never hear anything else about the hairdresser found dead in her burned car in north Dallas last year. (Cops call it murder. Medical examiner magically says "nuh-uh.")
- I finally watched the "Honey Badger" video on youtube this week. Funny. Really funny.
- TCU has had five suicides in two years? How is that possible?
- Mrs. LL wants me to point out that she is not assistant coaching but instead head coaching a girl's softball team this year.
- But, hey, Mr. Assistant Coach --- who I thought was the head coach -- I've got my eyes on you. (Making the two-fingers-at-my-eyeballs gesture that Robert De Niro did to Ben Stiller in Meet The Parents.)
- Set the stage for a very interesting criminal appeal out of the Wise County Court at Law yesterday. I've never had so many prosecutor's tell me I was absolutely wrong and every defense lawyer tell me I'm absolutely right. (From the public record: It involved my client getting arrested for DWI seven days after being placed on DWI probation. Not the best facts in the world. The appeal, however, is just a technical procedural point.)
- Josh Hamilton was so strung out on drugs that he missed three seasons (2004-2006) in the major leagues. Yet I've never met anyone who thinks he should have spent a day in prison. Why is that?
at 8:35 AM