- It used to be motorcycle deaths happening all the time now it's guys running into cop cars: It happened again last night as someone hit not one but two parked cop cars in Richardson. Incredible.
- The crazy guy who lied about his son being carried away in a homemade balloon in 2009 is now trying to sell the balloon for $1 million. With a straight face, he said all the money will go to charity. Where's my checkbook?
- Yesterday's viral video: Interrupting Man.
- I had to replace Mrs. LL's hard drive in her laptop and reinstall Windows from scratch. Color me shocked when it turned out to be a fairly easy process.
- The proposed Congressional redistricting map [Facebook link] unveiled yesterday in Austin places half of Wise County in a newly formed district and the other half with our neighbors to the northwest. Kay Granger would no longer be our rep. I'm sure I speak for all us when I say, "How can we possibly go on?"
- I glanced at the Mavs game last night and it looked like 2006 all over again.
- I'm kind of surprised Fox 4 ran with the "Dirk Engaged?" story. Then again, it was the most popular story on its web site over the last 24 hours.
- Heard a bunch of grumpy middle aged ladies go off on their lawyer yesterday on the courthouse steps. I'm not sure if the complaints were justified, but one of them was yelling "Ya got a stick of gum? Ya got a cigarette?" to the other as they walked away.
- WBAP Hal Jay's Screw-Up-Of-The-Day: He referred to Sean Penn's character in Fast Times At Ridgemont High as "Spinelli".
- Random old music thought: The Beach Boys were the ultimate beating for me.
- In March, I praised Congressman Anthony Weiner (D - New York) for the way he always stood up to Sean Hannity. But, man, he looked awful yesterday when he met with the press about the current controversy over how a "lewd pic" got sent from his Twitter account to a college student.
- I dreamed I personally watched the (no longer in service) Concorde land in Tel Aviv last night. What the heck?
- I'm no financial guy, but if the federal government has a "Debt Ceiling" law that simply gets raised when that limit is reached, that's pretty much the same as having no ceiling at all, right?
- There are 174 pics from last weeks "Wolf Dance" posted here and there is no way that a ton of Wise Countians aren't in there. Point 'em out and I'll pull them and post them individually. (Side note: Why don't those guys have shirts on in pic #3, and pic #6 almost became the Random Girl[s] pic of the day.)
at 8:37 AM