- Prosecutors vs. Tea Party? A proposed bill (with Wise County ties) that would allow Justices of the Peace to issue search warrants for blood and other evidence got killed big time near the end of the legislative session when conservatives, of all people, raised Big Government concerns.
- You know somewhere there was a new boat owner who excitedly gathered up everything and went to the lake this weekend only to realize that high winds and a boat is the ultimate beating.
- I spent hours working on the Limestone Edging Project for the flower beds. Killing me. But I might have lost my mind when I got to the point where I was filing down the sides of the brick and bought a chisel for more detailed work. Texted Mrs. LL during the middle of it that I think I had the Statue of David just about completed.
- New home rule: We're not starting a new project until we finish the last one.
- State Senator Wendy Davis stopped a Texas school budget bill by going into a filibuster as the session wound down so now Texas has no school bill nor a budget. Not sure what that accomplished since a special session, which has already started, will now get it passed.
- Some say it would be an "injustice" if Dirk Nowitzki does not win an NBA title. If earning $141 million over the course of his career for playing a game is an injustice, then hit me with it.
- And as tons of local media head to South Beach this week for the NBA Finals, they might want to take note of the gunfight that just took place during "Urban Beach Weekend" on the famous Collins Street. (Six years ago I went to South Beach during that exact same weekend. You could have picked me out even if you didn't know me.)
- Weird Tony Romo wedding note: The bridesmaids were Cowboy Jason Witten's wife, former Cowboy spare Bobby Carpenter's wife, and Tony Romo's sister. That gal got any friends of her own? (More details.)
- Former Texas Governor Bill Clements died over the weekend. He had been out of the news forever until last year when ESPN's 30 for 30 on the SMU recruiting scandal came out, and his son became the victim of a bizarre murder.
- The Ticket covered the Decatur Walmart Upskirt Photographer this morning and spent most of the time discussing why in the world he would pick the Decatur Walmart.
- A couple of folks who probably didn't properly observe Memorial Day weekend: (1) Carrollton man gets into wreck, gets naked, drives off, and then crashes into a tree and dies, or (2) Dallas guy takes drugs (allegedly), talks of walking on water, then drowns in a pond
- A video of a crazy texting while driving wreck looks more like a drunk driver than a texter. (Language warning.) How someone wasn't killed is amazing.
- Dreamed the U.S. was under a missile attack. It was so real and so bizarre: You could see the incoming warheads from miles and miles away and then hear the explosions in the distance.
- The Decatur car/pedestrian collision on Saturday night mentioned in the Update sounds a little weird.
at 8:36 AM