- Court: No school sponsored prayer at Texas high school graduation this Saturday. Texas Attorney General: Yahooty! A hot button issue I can get involved in and get in front of the cameras!
- Speaking of graduation, both Bridgeport and Chico
willdid not have guest speakers at commencement. If only the rest of us had been so lucky.
- Anyone know who left their Mercedes in a Frisco Walmart parking lot last night with a dead body inside? (Obviously, he forgot to call The Wolf.)
- Did Antoine Dodson get arrested in Denton?
- Not sure why the Messenger fired off a "Breaking News" alert yesterday afternoon about the funding for the 380 highway project. It was the lead story on the front page of the paper edition of the Denton Record Chronicle earlier that day and had been on their web site for over 12 hours.
- The new water park in Roanoke opens next week. (Talk about a town that has changed over the years.)
- I'm not sure how a story about helmet safety features a 27 year old Decatur cowboy on a Canadian web site.
- I'm about to get in the house rental business against my better judgment.
- I've never been to the Bridgeport Off Highway Vehicle Park but it just received $87,079 of your tax dollars "to renovate existing trails and add fencing to the [park] and to purchase hand tools and a rescue vehicle."
- I finally ran into the "you can't buy gas on a credit card, leave the pump, and then go try to use the same credit card inside the convenince store" problem.
- I don't hate the Mavs. I'm completely apathetic.
- Ticket fans only: You have to see morning guy George Dunham on the streets of Miami last night.
- Over Memorial Day I learned that two men from Bridgeport and three from Decatur died during the Vietnam War. What are the odds of someone knowing one or more of their names and posting them in the comments?
- Ohio State's quarterback (who is not majoring in rocket science) drove up in a new Nissan on Monday to a players only meeting after the highly publicized resignation of their coach. Now reports say he's driven six to eight new cars in his brief tenure at the school and the NCAA is investigating. I understand secret payments, secret drug deals, and secret gambling, but driving new cars isn't exactly something that no one notices.
- Want to see a cameraman get kicked in the head by a horse?
at 8:41 AM