- A Steelers running back thinks 9/11 was an inside job. (Yet another reason NFL players should stay off Twitter.)
- I saw the Wise County alleged-murder-for-hire lady in court yesterday. She's still in jail.
- Pope John Paul II being beatified over the weekend had a hard time hitting my radar screen.
- The Family Cat is weirder than ever after her surgery. The dang thing runs around the house at a hundred miles an hour.
- These cases are all over the map: Plea bargain in Tarrant County for DWI Manslaughter results in a probation requiring the defendant to wear a bracelet with the victim's name on it; reimburse her mother $22,271.46 in funeral expenses; and spend Christmas, Thanksgiving, the Fourth of July, and the dates of the victim's birth and death in the Tarrant County Jail.
- The second that I heard of an unplanned presidential address on Sunday night (I was fortunate enough to be watching CNN when the first mention of it occurred), I knew it was going to be big. I couldn't remember the last time a president made a national address with one hour's notice.
- I said it yesterday, but there will be an Osama Is Not Dead Conspiracy and it will be huge.
- And that's why they've got to release the photo of his corpse. (But there's some speculation that there wasn't much left to look at -- that the one shot to the head report is a gross understatement.)
- ABC News said this morning that the latest information is that the White House is "seriously" considering releasing one photo today.
- I hope whoever/whomever fired the fatal Bin Laden shot(s) never is identified. That would be much cooler than being on Oprah and writing books. Not as lucrative, but definitely cooler.
- When the helicopter malfunctioned at the Bin Laden compound, you know all of those monitoring the situation thought of the failed attempt to rescue the Iranian Hostages in 1980 which turned into a disaster due to, yep, helicopter problems.
- If there were any potential Republican presidential candidates who were deciding whether to run, they might have serious reservations now.
- WBAP's Hal Jay this morning: "Do those Navy Seals ever think of [themselves] being killed?"
- The Evil Empire's baseball coach cusses out his players a lot. (Serious language warning.) That doesn't make him look like a scholar or a gentleman.
- The Zombie Walk last weekend in Irving was a little weird.
- Mavs beat the Lakers last night? (Sounds like a wild game, but you might want to tap those brakes.)
- A brand new teenager's birthday party and Mother's Day in the same weekend for me.
at 8:36 AM