- When I was young, I once asked my buddies when Cinco de Mayo was going to be that year. Sadly, I wasn't that young.
- If we really did seize the computer stuff from Bin Laden's compound (10 hard drives, 5 computers, and over 100 external storage drives), I'd love to be the guy who gets to go through them. (Assuming I knew Arabic and was an encryption expert.)
- Watch it just be episodes of Southpark and the Jack Ass movie series.
- The Messenger reports a second Tea Party has formed in Wise County. This one is in Bridgeport and formed by a Hispanic who wants to dispel the notion that the party is full of racists. Directly under the quote is an unrelated picture of a guy in a sombrero.
- Speaking of movies, the three top grossing films so far this year are named Rango, Hop, and Rio. I'm guessing they are kids' movies, but I honestly have no idea.
- Mavs up 2-0 over the Lakers? My prediction is in trouble, but they were up 2-0 over the Heat in the Championship Game a few years back. Still not a believer.
- If you turned on the TV at 3:44 a.m. this morning, you would have seen the end of a Major League Baseball game. Edit: Oops. Make that 1:44 a.m.
- UNT is trying to revamp its image and has hired a consulting firm to help. That's an easy fix: Bring back the 1970s neon green flying worm emblem.
- Mrs. LL returned the confiscated soccer balls to the Neighbor Boys yesterday. I bet they thought it was like the Grinch returning to Hooville with the presents.
- Three U.S. Senators public ally announced they had seen the dead Bin Laden photo when they had actually seen a fake Internet one. Makes you feel confident in their judgment, doesn't it?
- Pippa Middleton really giving it the What For on the dance floor.
- Star-Telegram fluff piece on Trophy Club today quotes a resident as saying, "Here I can get anywhere I want to go in 15 to 20 minutes." I guess that's true if he only wants to go to Grapevine.
- Rick Perry is still whining about the feds denying disaster relief for the Texas wildfires. It might have something to do with the fact Perry included 252 counties in the request (yep, even Wise is in there.)
- Of all the books that will be written about the invasion of the Bin Laden compound, I hope Jon Krakauer writes one.
at 8:31 AM