- Our garage door went on the blink in an odd way. I diagnosed the problem by discovering that the wires to one of the safety sensors had been pulled out. Worth mentioning? Heck yeah! I'm almost never able to solve problems like that and, if I do, it takes me five hours instead of 15 minutes. Winner.
- Not to beat an (almost) dead horse, but Charlie Sheen on Piers Morgan last night was some of the most fascinating TV I've seen in a long time. Morgan actually asked him "are you on some type of controlled substance right now?"
- Crazy/Funny moment was when Sheen was asked if he had "taken a lot of cocaine." Sheen: "Taken? I had to pay for it."
- UT is doing the same thing in basketball as it did last year: Go to #1 in the nation and then fade down the stretch (they have lost 3 of 4). They end the season at Baylor on Saturday and ESPN's College Game Day will be in Waco. I hope someone shows up (Baylor will be on Spring Break.)
- A Fort Worth officer shot and killed a man last night, and a Garland officer killed a man in his front yard over the weekend. Hide yo wife, hide yo kids . . .
- Skier falls accidentally falls off a climb and films it. (:55 mark.)
- Mrs. LL grinds her teeth at night. If it takes a mouth-guard, that has to stop.
- The Supreme Court bent over backwards yesterday to issue a a pro-police opinion in the area of the admissibility of out of court statements. How bad was it? Ultra Conservative Justice Scalia issued a dissent saying that the majority's characterization of the conduct of the police is "so transparently false that professing to believe it demeans this institution." (And with Obama appointee Justice Sotomayor writing for the majority, I feel like I'm in Bizarro Legal Land.)
- Overhyped story from yesterday: A Texas group offering $500 scholarships to white men. (Buried in the story is that a potential recipient qualifies if he is 25 percent Caucasian or more.)
MansfieldRussell died yesterday. I really just remember her from bra commercials. Edit: Now I'm not so sure who is who.
- Our carpets have been steam cleaned. Of all cleaning projects, that is by far my favorite.
- The Star-Telegram sold its office building last week and, the publisher says, they plan to move but they just don't know where yet. Am I the only one that has a bad feeling about this?
- It's March 1st and I saw blooms on trees this morning. Fantastic. Let the Post-Christmas Depression end.
at 8:32 AM