1. How long was Texas a nation?
2. How many different presidents did it have?
3. Where was its final capitol location?
4. What university received its charter during the nation's brief life?
5. A 175th anniversary is called what?
6. What did the first president do that many considered treasonous?
1. 10 years
2. 4 (Although Sam Houston served two non-consecutive terms)
6. After the Battle of San Jacinto, he (David G. Burnet) negotiated a treaty allowing Santa Anna to return safely to Mexico in exchange for all Mexican troops withdrawing below the Rio Grande.
The Wikipedia page. There's very little I know about the brief Republic of Texas.
at 9:19 AM