- The Tarrant County elected DA tried a criminal case this week -- the first time the person holding that elected position had done so in 34 years. In that home invasion case, the defendant received 18 years. Not exactly the harshest sentence in the world. (But at least there was proof he committed the crime.)
- We've got a war brewing with some neighbor kids who taunt the Family Pup (among other things.) Mrs. LL instituted a policy of confiscating any ball they accidentally kick in our yard. Tense.
- The Sonogram Abortion Bill in the Texas Legislature was sent back to committee yesterday for technical reasons (the nature of which I don't understand.) I just want one conservative law maker to be honest and say, "We are trying to dissuade a woman from exercising what is, at least for now, a constitutional right." Now that I would respect.
- Saw a Seinfeld episode last night where George was dogging a clown at a kid's party for not knowing who Bozo the Clown was. I suspect 75% of the population now falls within that category.
- The killer of Robert F. Kennedy, Sirhan Sirhan, was denied parole yesterday. As a kid, the name of "Sirhan, Sirhan" was one that became embedded in my mind. It was just so, well, strange.
- News broke last night about a 12 year old monster/boy in Colorado. Two dead parents and two severely injured siblings.
- Today is the 20th anniversary of the beating of Rodney King. And we still just can't get along.
- Amercian Idol was on TV last night and, although I was ignoring it, I actually looked up and said, "That girls pretty good" when the chick named Lauren Turner performed.
- I'm #2 on the jury trial docket this morning in the County Court at Law. I'm only going to trial if something happens to the #1 case. I'd rather be #1 because you have to prepare the same regardless.
- On the way to work I saw a white car with the sole word of "Police" on the back of it, but it had "U.S. Government" tags. What agency do you suppose that was?
- The girls in the house almost came to blows in the game room last night prompting Mrs. LL to separate them and (get this) had them
rightwrite out separate statements as to what had happened. Edit: OK, deserved that dog pile.
- I heard on the radio this morning that U.S. Agents on duty within Mexico aren't allowed to carry guns. I had no idea.
- BYU showed us this week that the Mormons play by different rules. The school's basketball team is having the best season in history and was headed for a #1 seed. Then the team's second best player was dismissed from the team for violating the schools Code of Conduct. His offense? Premarital sex.
- .7 seconds left in a basketball game and you've got to throw in the inbound pass. What do you do? Throw the ball to yourself off the back of a player and launch it for the win. (Credit: Bagofnothing.com)
at 8:29 AM