- Watched a tad bit of the replay of the Aggie/Nebraska game on an obscure show called "Crunch Time." I'll give it to the Aggies: That crowd looked incredibly impressive on TV.
- I had a Taco Bell beating last night (not in Decatur). Was warned the wait would be 15 minutes (it was) and then when I got home I found out the order was screwed up. Then I wasted another 15 minutes on its horrible web site trying to determine what was supposed to be in a #5 combo meal.
- I loved this (paraphrased) quote over how sex will earn a movie an NC-17 rating in America but violence never will:: Flesh is OK so long as bullets are ripping through it.
- There's a water park opening in Roanoke?
- I'm a huge Fourth Amendment nut, but the TSA searches really don't bug me at all. So long as I know the scope of the search (body scan) and when it will occur (the moment I try to get into the gate), I don't care if it is intrusive. I just want it done quickly.
- And it seems the Far Right is screaming more about the TSA than anyone else? Since when do they care about civil rights? Aren't they the first to say, "You shouldn't have anything to hide" when it comes to search and seizure issues?
- You guys realize that John Wayne was an actor, right?
- Fat chicks in a mosh pit. You shouldn't watch it because of the language in the music and because the video will burn your eyes.
- The 7th grader in the house lost her phone (again!!!!) last night, but Mrs. LL had subscribed to some online locater service for it. So we fire it up on the Internet and a satellite image tells shows us the phone is in the front yard in a house down the street. Really? Then it dawns on me that was exactly where she was making a snow angel in leaves while we were walking about an hour earlier. We scurry down the street and, sure enough, the phone is in the yard. That, my friends, is amazing technology.
- Finally. Finally. Mrs. LL is having that electro-thingamachig test on her wrists this afternoon. If you think private insurance is bad, try dealing with the worker's comp system.
- Sport Quick Hits: (1) The Vikings fire their head coach when the only thing different from last year is that Brett Favre, who has become the biggest drama queen ever, is awful, (2) Former OU center Blake Griffin is a beast with the Clippers, (3) Weirdest dream last night: It involved Detroit tackle Ndamukong Suh, (4) Wade Phillips said he went out "with the same winning percentage as Tom Landry" proving, once again, he is oblivious to reality, (5) When an NFL player gets fined, is it still considered to be "earned income" that he has to pay taxes on? That would be a double whammy. (6) The Cowboys come back to reality over the next three weeks. (7) That Nike guru is giving the University of Oregon $41 million to build a football headquarters.
- Sign of the Apocalypse: It is 22 degrees in Seattle this morning and North and South Korea are exchanging bombs on an island. The latter, quite frankly, might be of greater significance.
- Miley Cyrus turns 18 today. Get ready for a Britney-like meltdown over the next four years.
at 8:15 AM