- According to the Messenger, a Newark city council member, upset at the potential recall petition and the allegations that have swirled around it, stood up and broke out in song in her defense at the last council meeting. Sounds normal.
- Jon Kitna's 29 yard TD run yesterday tied Roger Staubach's Cowboy record. Couldn't he have fallen down at the 1? (And if anyone has a link to the video of Roger's run, I'd love to see it.)
- The Star-Telegram has started a short series focusing on a Keller man who lost his job in his late 40s. Chilling. Edit: Part II released this morning (which isn't near as good.)
- Tweet from a Wise County church yesterday morning: "If you are discontent with life or what you have, join us . . . ." What you have?
- A "Jeers" from the ST's "Cheers and Jeers": "To the fan at the TCU-Utah game whose sign read '2 things I hate: Texas and Christians.' - Martha Fikes, Fort Worth."
- I'm going to kill the Family cat. Who said kittens were adorable? All it does is tear up everything it can get its paws on. I can't wait until that thing turns into a grumpy old pretentious cat.
- I'm apathetic to everything John Wayne, but the remake of True Grit looks fantastic.
- Despite the flags, there are more helmet-to-helmet hits than ever before. Someone crazily suggested that if faceguards were removed, then football would be played more like it was intended (Hey, that's kind of like a Tea Party football argument.) And, yep, it's crazy but that's exactly right.
- A bunch of local hot media gals on a bed before Saturday's "Margarita Ball" in Dallas. Wait, what?
- And another one from the party. I wonder if NBC 5's Kim Fischer will wear that dress at the next high school pep rally?
- Idiocracy: Justin Beiber winning a bunch of American Music Awards last night.
- Still hawt: Christina Aguilera at the AMAs.
- My turkey trot run in Dallas is looking a little crazy: There's a major front blowing through and, as of now, it looks like it will hit that morning. Running in cold weather can be fun. Running in cold 30 mph winds is not.
- The world's most disturbing book-in photo. (And I'm not joking.)
- Football craziness: A report circulated last night that Nebraska's stud QB Taylor Martinez had quit the team because of his crazy coach. (Video of the sideline incident included in link.)
- Weird: Two people have accidentally fallen to their deaths at a high rise downtown Dallas apartment building.
at 8:15 AM