- Hide you wives, hide your kids, hide your husbands: The Dallas City Council is on a retreat in Paradise starting today! Edit: Oops. My bad. That was last year. (Always double check that first sentence when making a first bullet point at 5:00 in the morning.)
- There's a Wise County Tea Party web site?
- My front lawn was transformed into a Halloween Spider Invasion Theme last night. My neighbors will think I'm on drugs.
- I was shocked to see Yankee stadium clear out last night near the end of the game. They are normally hardline-stay-until-the-end kind of people.
- 105.3 The Fan's Richie Whitt was at the game - want to see his vantage point from inside Yankee Stadium.
- It's amazing Rick Perry won't debate but Texans will re-elect him going away. Then again, I guess that's why he's not debating.
- I spend a lot of time telling my puppy to "Hush!" even though I'm 100% convinced she has no idea what I mean.
- There has been talk over the last couple of weeks of creating a new DWI offense nicknamed "DWI-Lite" for those driving with an alcohol concentration between .05 to .08. But no one has said what the level of the offense would be. Right now, regular DWI is a Class B misdemeanor. Would the new offense be a Class C -- the equivalent of a traffic ticket punishable by fine only? I don't see that happening.
- And, in related news, there was a wrong way driver causing death this weekend on Airport Freeway in Hurst on Saturday morning.
- The 7th grader in my house became 1st Chair in flute, proclaimed it to be "ice cream night" per our earlier agreement, made a trip to the store to get it, and then forgot to eat it.
- And, in kind of related news, Bobby V's Sports Bar is still open in Arlington?
- Who in the heck were all those women in that one section cheering for Texas last night at Yankee Stadium? Players' wives?
- Good grief, I may never watch an episode of Conan if they don't stop showing commercials about it.
- The Update tells me 277 voted early yesterday in Wise County but I have no idea if that is light, average, or heavy turnout.
at 8:28 AM