- I power down whenever I hear the background singers in Elvis' "Blue Christmas." You know, that "waawaawhoo" stuff.
- It's on a loop on the courthouse speakers so it's been tough on me, pal.
- SMU goes to a bowl for the first time in twenty five years but only sells 500 tickets. Then again, the bowl is in Hawaii on Christmas Eve.
- Obscure college football note: A&M was 0-6 when its games were televised but 6-0 when no one got to watch.
- I'm glad it's getting cold for Christmas. It's downright balmy this morning.
- Whenever you hear, "We don't want to speculate" from a TV announcer, you're about to hear some speculation.
- Here's the picture of Cindy Lou The Littlest Who I saw this weekend: Cute.
- While you were sleeping: An American Airlines jet coming from Miami overshot the runway in Jamaica injuring over 40, none seriously. Sheesh, that could have been bad. And I've taken that flight before.
- I've seen lots of women walk into the prosecutor's office on the third floor of the courthouse and say, "I need a protective order." I always wonder if they are in fear of their safety or someone looking for revenge.
- I struggle and hate writing "The Spin" every weekend but pretty much throw "Random Thoughts" together everyday without much effort. (Obviously.)
- I love the year end "Biggest News Stories" list but I hate it when things like "the economy" make it on there. I want a list of stories that required a national "breaking news" interruption of programming.
- Everyone that has seen Avatar tells me that it's great.
- Punk kid flips camera the bird. Punk kid's dad slaps his hand.
- Saw an angry lady on a sidewalk on Decatur yesterday complaining (loudly) into a cell phone, "Why can't she control her mouth!"
- Inappropriate deceased NFL player Chris Henry memorial pics?
- Edit: There's a supposedly gruesome video all over the place of an Aggie basketball player breaking his leg last night. I say "supposedly" because I cannot bring myself to look at stuff like that.
at 8:11 AM