- Christmas on Friday is a good thing. Most of us are off on Thursday and then the weekend comes right after. Good times.
- I think the "holiday airport rush" is a hoax. (Stay with me here.) One time before 9/11, I was by the DFW airport on Christmas Eve and heard a radio report of how busy it was. With nothing really to do, I thought I'd go inside one of the terminals to watch family reunions. I promise the place was a ghost land.
- My favorite sad Christmas song.
- That American Airlines jet came within feet of going into the ocean in Jamaica yesterday. (New pictures out this morning.) And the thing actually broke in half.
- Unfortunate new Brittany Murphy movie poster.
- People always dog the Messenger, but can you imagine how hard it would be to produce a newspaper twice a week?
- The Senate passed the health care bill this morning. What does that mean for us? I don't know.
- I made a donation to This American Life the other day. (They had a brief "donation ad" on their podcast which basically said, "You know if you don't donate, we'll still be here next week." I appreciated the honesty.)
- This Denton book-in photo kind of looks like a chunky Paul McCartney.
- Whenever I have a new client come to visit, I normally ask them "How you been doing?" as we walk back to the office. Most of the time they reply, "I've been better." (I do 100% criminal defense.)
- TCU's Gary Patterson was voted "AP Coach of the Year" yesterday. Two years ago it was Kansas' Mike Mangino who won the honor -- he was fired this year.
- Last football note: TCU's "big wins" were over BYU and Utah this year. I saw where Utah has already beaten California in one bowl game and BYU beat a good Oregon State team in another.
- When the police announce they need help in locating someone (like the donut shop owner's killer), you know they are having trouble.
- I like Christmas Eve more than Christmas Day.
at 8:10 AM