- Channel 8 has a video on the Runaway Bay condo fire with an interview of victim/former Wise County Fire Marshal Mike Bement. His teeth burned up. Really.
- Is the girl above a repeat? I either posted it before or I was married to her. I lose track.
- I know a lot of people are beaten down by talk of Twitter, but it is always first with breaking news. I got a tweet about Brittany Murphy's death two hours before CNN reported it. And how can I live without knowing about stuff like that first?
- Avatar grossed $73 million over the weekend. I've read good reviews, and it's supposed to be a technical masterpiece, but the previews look like a beating.
- Something happened with the health care bill last night with some Nebraska senator getting "paid off." (That's the Fox News version. Check it out to find out what really happened.)
- Now I've lost my replacement bank card. I'm dying here.
- I caught Simon and Garfunkle's performance of The Boxer on cable for some recent Rock and Roll Hall of Fame concert recently. I've underrated them.
- I'm two "chapters" into the Inglourious Nasterds DVD. Yeah, it's good, but I've seen this formula before. People sit around and talk about crazy crap (why do we love a squirrel but hate a rat when a rat is nothing but a squirrel without a tail) followed by over the top violence.
- Note to D.C. cop: Be careful admitting that you pulled a gun during a snowball fight when you are surrounded by guys with cellphones.
- I bought a leather jacket for myself over the weekend. Not a biker leather jacket, but a Macy's kind of leather jacket. I never buy stuff like that for myself.
- Somehow you won't see any changes, but the owner of WBAP and KCSC filed has filed for bankruptcy.
- Speaking of WBAP, they tried a Fake Wade Phillip's bit at 8:10 this morning. Fail.
- Saw a lady snap back curtly with "Merry Christmas!" after a security guard wished a crowd, "Happy Holidays." Sheesh.
- Saw the cutest little girl dressed up as Cindy Lou The Littlest Who yesterday. Working on a pic.
- I think www.wisecounty.com is down this morning. Ugh.
- Regarding my "no White Christmas in Wise County" post from Friday, I arbitrarily define "White Christmas" as snowing on Christmas morning or waking up on Christmas Day to a new blanket of snow. I don't think that's ever happened.
at 8:28 AM