- Attending a criminal docket call will suck the Christmas spirit out of you.
- NASCAR driver Jimmy Johnson has been named "AP Athlete of the Year." I think the voters forgot that the word "athlete" was in the title.
- Fox News this morning dedicated a segment to a "shocking case" of a man beating a DWI case because of the defense that he was "too fat to perform the field sobriety tests." That's nothing shocking. The official manual that all of the cops use specifically says the tests may not be reliable for people 50 pounds or more overweight.
- I suppose former Cowboy kicker Nick Folk, who lost his job yesterday, woke up this morning and asked, "How did that happen?"
- Stay classy Philadelphia: Eagle fans pelt 49er fans with snowballs this past weekend, and the security guard didn't get much respect.
- And I'll say it again, Fox and Friend's Gretchen Carlson is horrible. Judgmental, not very smart, and a horrible journalist (as she opined yesterday that Brittany Murphy's death was "probably drug related.") Edit: I want to apologize for calling her "not very smart". My buddy Keith directed me to this.
- I watched the ESPN documentary "The U" over the weekend about the rise of the University of Miami football program. It was fantastic. And the 1991 Cotton Bowl where the 'Canes figuratively mugged the University of Texas was a big player in the film.
- My source of the "officer shooting self" rumor yesterday (hey, I said unconfirmed) is actually a pretty good one. And they still believe something happened that isn't being reported.
- I found my bank card. Yay me.
- A Houston judge was found guilty of "official oppression" for trying to get a pretty hawt DWI defendant to enter into a relationship with him in exchange for getting her a different court appointed attorney.
- Impersonator Frank Caliendo not as funny as he used to be?
- The footage of the owner of the donut shop in Dallas who was shot a couple of days is chilling. That was senseless.
- Holy cow. Personal injury lawyer Brian Loncar has a commercial showing him arriving in a helicopter at the scene of a fake accident. Shockingly disgusting.
- Santa and Baby Jesus instability.
- My 1-4 prediction for the Cowboys to end their season is still possible but looking dicey.
- I was wrong when I predicted the lady accused of killing her husband in the Fort Worth case would be found not guilty. But the jury did give her probation yesterday.
- But they deliberated over 15 hours before returning the guilty verdict. I never understand that. How can 12 people debate it for that long and then walk out of the room and say, "We don't have any doubts that are reasonable about her guilt."
- Obscure sports note: Baylor's new female basketball star Brittney Griner is an absolute beast. (That's all I've got to cheer for.)
at 8:27 AM