- Devon shut down its Decatur Land Office yesterday. I've heard that puts about 20 employees out of work with many other contractors being hit hard as well.
- Saw a woman bring a self checkout line to a standstill yesterday as she scanned an item "just to see how much it was but I don't want it. Now I don't know how to get it off."
- Sarah Palin is in Plano for a book signing. People are in line at 5:00 a.m. I'm not saying a thing.
- Unemployment figures just announced show the rate has dropped from 10.5% to 10%. I told you boys to trust in Obama. The turnaround has begun.
- I've got a half marathon in a week and I actually ran 9 miles in preparation for it yesterday. It was cold. Very cold. And my leg parts hurt today.
- Jarhead posted a clip yesterday of maybe the strangest football play I've ever seen. And I've not heard an explanation as to what the heck happened.
- I wouldn't mind being under house arrest.
- I wouldn't mind being placed "on paid administrative leave."
- I point this out from time to time: The Morning News and the Star-Telegram have an agreement to share sports stories. But today I noticed that the Star-Telegram had breaking news that Nolan Ryan may still be in the mix to buy the Rangers. Is the same story in the Morning News? Nope, the ST put the story in Randy Galloway's opinion piece which is not subject to the sharing agreement.
- The Tiger Woods story is more proof that the privates are going to be the downfall of society.
- I knew two workers were hurt at Cowboys Stadium yesterday but I had no idea they slid 250 feet on the roof before being caught on a gutter. Oh, my.
- The plea offer in the drug case I wrote about below was 15 years.
at 8:22 AM