- $5 admission and free parking? I had forgotten what a deal it is.
- And can I dare say I was a thousand times more entertained than going to the Cowboy game last weekend? It ended with Pilot Point winning on a last second field goal as time expired.
- Pilot Point has no band but 22 cheerleaders.
- At halftime, they go out and do some gyrations to a rap tape mix.
- They sell $1 hot dogs?
- I had forgotten how fast the game goes. But without commercial breaks, things move along in a hurry.
- When did this Read Option become so vogue? (You know, snap the ball to the quarterback in the shotgun who stands there and either hands it to a running back that crosses in front of him or takes off running?) Both teams ran it a million times.
- I was under the impression every team ran the spread these days.
- Case in point: The Godley quarterback ran it 31 times. That's a whole lot of snapping it back to the QB who then just takes off running. Looked very back yardish -- effective, but back yardish.
- After hearing a cowbell I had an urge to yell, "More cowbell!" And then I just sat there smiling way too big.
- The artificial field turf made me think of you guys.
- During the game it dawned on me that I had no idea where Godley was. But their uniforms were cool: They had LSU colors.
- The last non-Texas Stadium high school game that I had been to was a Bridgeport playoff game in Graham in 1996. That's almost pathetic.
- The Pilot Point fans weren't very passionate. Very surprising.
Since I was in the area without a whole lot to do, I stopped by to see unbeaten Pilot Point and unbeaten Godley in a 2A playoff game in Saginaw yesterday. Observations:
at 4:56 PM