- I swear in Fort Worth yesterday I saw a vehicle traveling the speed limit on I-30 west of downtown. So? It had three wheels and was shaped like a rocket! (It was headed the other direction and there's no way I could get a picture.)
- I like Subway but I hate going through the line and answering so many questions. I just want to order. Once.
- I think this country will turn into a group of race based regional provinces one day.
- I don't know anything about the Twilight books/movies but I saw the newest trailer for the second movie. What I liked: The concept that you can only see someone at the peak of an adrenal rush. Ergo, you look for adrenal rushes.
- I watched 30 minutes of More To Love last night. I felt like I was watching an overweight Days of Our Lives.
- All this ACORN stuff Fox is salivating over doesn't do much for me. Any group of any size has reprehensible individuals within its walls. We have cops involved in child porn, judges disbarred for sexual harassment, military men killing innocent Iraqis, priests who are pedophiles, Governors with paramours in Argentina, and investment companies that steal billions off Ponzi schemes. Look out that window.
- Speaking of Ponzi schemes, if you don't know who R. Allen Stanford is, go to the next bullet point. If you do, you'll be interested to know that the Caribbean Con Man (I'm going to copyright that by the way) now has a lawyer you are paying for.
- Had the most tense moment ever in a driver's license hearing yesterday as a normally mild mannered administrative judge got royally pissed off at a DPS prosecutor. And I was just watching in the audience.
- How much money does Northwest ISD have? First they build the gawdy Byron Nelson High School for the residents of Trophy Club and now all high school students are getting netbooks.
- If you listen to any sports media at all, you can't avoid Dallas Cowboys TE Martellus Bennett doing his schtick everywhere. Here's an idea: Do something on the field first.
- One Dallas County Commissioner to John Wiley Price yesterday at their weekly meeting: "I can explain it you, but I can't understand it for you." Wow. But not a bad line.
- Rep. Joe Wilson was formally admonished by the House of Representatives yesterday for his "You lie" comment last week. Good. (But Jon Stewart on The Daily Show said he was surprised that Wilson didn't die on the spot due to Nancy Pelosi's angry glare.)
- Things that bugged me in 2001, still do.
- A 9:31 youtube video about the Tea Party in Washington last weekend. Interviews. Liberal slant. Fairly entertaining.
- I hate the response in an argument of "Oh, yeah? What about what you did." You'll actually see it in political arguments on the talk shows.
at 8:11 AM