- I've watched that winning Michael Crabtree TD over Texas last year a million times (how can you miss it), but I always thought Brent Musberger had said, "Crabtree! Crabtree!" He actually said, "Crabtree! Pulls free!"
- I don't care what a defendant has done to get himself convicted, I hate watching his family in the courtroom.
- Trust me, our Wise County juries look extremely conservative. But they can surprise you.
- I fear for Texas Tech against the Evil Empire tomorrow. (But the article in the most recent Texas Monthly about Tech Coach Mike Leach is great.)
- I misjudge whether to make a post sometimes. I saw the clip of the little girl throwing back the foul ball two days ago but ignored it. Yeah, it was cute, but that was about it. Since then, everyone has been talking about it and the family ends up on the Today Show. (I blame it on not having kids.)
- In this world of you-will-get-prosecuted-for-anything, a Kentucky high school coach was found not guilty yesterday in connection with the death of one of his players due to (or not due to) heat exhaustion. The crazy prosecutor is one of the most dangerous things known to man.
- From the Update: "NO BIBLE COURSE - The Decatur School Board voted 4-2 to not implement a Bible course at the high school, following the recommendation of the administration." I can't believe that just happened in Wise County. Let the crazy outrage begin.
- WBAP's getting-grumpier-by-the-day Mark Davis got into a debate with co-workers Hal Jay and Steve Lamb this week and retorted that he would re-explain his point with, "Ok, I'll use shorter sentences and one syllable words." Good grief. The arrogance.
- I've always liked Eddie Gossage, the affable General Manager of the Texas Motor Speedway, but little did I know that he has kept it quiet that he is battling cancer.
- Wow. Texas Stadium will be imploded! Good times.
- Very Random High School Sports Note: Decatur's nemesis, Abilene Wylie, played the #9 4A team in the state last week, Wolfforth Frenship, and won 21-7.
- More interesting note: That's exactly how you spell "Wolfforth Frenship."
- Glenn Beck is nuts. Glenn Beck is on the cover of Time. Glenn Beck is about to become the next Rush Limbaugh. There will always be a market for crazy.
- A nudist church in Tyler?
at 8:24 AM