- Patrick Swayze seemed like a good guy. And Dirty Dancing is both corny and great.
- A Cowboy Stadium observation I forgot to make: All the urinals have flush handles -- meaning they aren't automatic. That's weird.
- I was a liberal this morning: I helped a Hispanic guy with broken English jump start his truck at a convenience store. It'll probably be the best thing I do all day.
- A child, with no previous health problems, died from the swine flu yesterday in Garland. Can you imagine if that would have happened last Spring? Every school in Dallas County would shut down and we would all go into panic mode.
- I had the funniest new client yesterday. Most criminal defendants are stressed (and so was she) but she had just a perfect attitude on life.
- This a complete news story on NBC 5 this morning: "Starting today, you will have to answer more questions when you buy a ticket on American Airlines. The Fort Worth based carrier is rolling out the government's Secured Flight Program which is designed to make flying safer. Passengers will now have to provide their full name as it appears on a government ID, their birth date, date of birth and gender." Really. That was the story. So what's new?
- The Yale student murder is a sad story, but it filled up the first eight minutes of The Today Show yesterday. Not sure I understand that.
- To the guy who keeps accusing me of "not being fair" on what comments go through: The problem is you keep making disparaging statements of fact coupled with being anonymous. I'm not going to post that.
- I let 90% of the comments through.
- Anyone else getting tired of the sign off of, "just sayin!'"
- NFL Note: Has any team suffered more heartbreak than the Buffalo Bills? How in the world did they lose that game last night?
- "Tractor Crushes Toddler On Texas Farm." Man, I just cringe when I see headlines like that.
- You would think "cringe" would be spelled "cring."
- The yellow first down line on football telecasts has been the greatest sports invention in the history of ever.
- It was silly for Decatur to cancel the football game on Saturday. There wasn't any lightening just a swamp of a field. It would have been a great memory for the kids.
at 8:28 AM